Dr. Geoffrey Mount Varner, an executive, board certified ER doctor who:
- Was on the front lines of hurricane Katrina while deployed with the Maryland National Guard as a physician.
- Emergency Services Medical Director and Assistant Chief for Washington DC in charge of the emergency response to Ebola crisis of 2014
- Was on the frontlines of the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Served as chair and chief of a level one trauma center
A former Washington DC City executive, served as the medical director responsible for over-seeing 1,300 employees. In addition, he has also received the Maryland Governor Citizen’s award and a Mayoral Washington DC Outstanding Citizen Award.
Dr. Mount Varner is a member of the National Speakers Association, American College of Emergency Medicine Physician, International Chief of Police Associations, the American Psychiatric Association Culture Competency committee, as well as a member of Alpha Phi Alpha, Fraternity, Inc.
Keynote & Workshop Topics
- How to be a Fast, Concise, and Effective Split-second Decision Maker
- Split-Second Decisions for Executives
- Split-Second Decisions for First Responders
- 5 Split-Second Decisions Mindset Rules
- Train Your Leadership team to Make Faster Decisions
- Leadership Through Split-Second Decisions
- Improving your Split-Second Decisions Ability Can Save your Company Millions of Dollars
This was a great presentation that i am hoping colleagues take to heart…. what was discussed was from the head and the heart… leaders need to remember that we lead from both.
-Executive Trinity Health New England
"I heard Dr. Mount Varner speak on the subject of Split-Second decisions and have found is insights and life experiences to be amazing. I look forward to his book and course, Split-second Decisions: Crisis Management.”
Actor Michael Boatman, Spin City, China Beach, Hamburger Hill
“The split-second decisions concepts that Dr. Mount Varner’s explores and develops in his writings, workshops and courses truly shows that he is committed to improving the lives of others. As a former US Ambassador to the Africa Union, I was privileged to work with the best thought leaders in the world. And Dr. Mount Varner is a thought leader who has created a platform for us all to learn to be better split-second decisions makers.”
Dr. Michael Battle, former President of Inter-denominational Theological Center
“Dr. Mount Varner’s course and lectures on split-second decisions are applied in my house regularly. I learned how to move from simply thinking quickly to learning when I was making a split-second decisions. One thing I learned for sure is that Split-second decisions are the most important decisions that we make daily. And it was great to be trained on how to make split-second decisions.”
Daneeka Cotton, mother of 4 and a Circuit Court Judge
"There is nothing more important than making the right decisions. And what Dr. Geoff taught me is the split-second decisions are the most important of them all. Most split-second decisions are decided long before the decisions arrive.
Donnaka Lewis, District Court Judge